All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Friday, January 27, 2012

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


Here is yet another post from this past December that is LONG overdue! Better late than never I guess!

Along with most people I know, I discovered this cool new site called Pinterest that allows you to view thousands of pictures randomly, or by subject and then "pin" them onto your own personal on-line pin boards for yours and others future viewing pleasure. Most pictures carry a link to a site that would enable you to acuire whatever it is that you've pinned. As an example, I stumbled across a picture of one of my favoite cookies from my childhood. I have never been able to locate the original recipe, until I saw a piture of the cookie and clicked on it, which brought me to a site that contained the recipe. And voila! I had my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies once more!

They are soft and sweet and so perfectly textured! The only problem is that they don't hold up very well (in my opinion). They never taste as lovely as they do the hour after you've removed them from the oven. So you are forced to eat them all! If you choose to make them, I suggest you do so when company is coming over or you will feel the guilt that I have felt so many times! :o)

Here is a picture of the ones we made on Christmas Eve, and the recipe is below!
Don't they look DELICIOUS????

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
From All Recipes
Makes about 7 dozen cookies
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar

In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls with lightly oiled palms. I used a size 50 cookie scoop to portion the dough, a tablespoon or rounded teaspoon would also work depending on what size you like. Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets. [Alternatively, try other ingredients like cinnamon-sugar or sprinkles.]
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

Aria wanted to set these yummy cookies out for Santa along with a few glasses of flavored milk to see which one Santa prefered. Turns out Santa likes regular milk! ;o)

1 comment: