Aria had a friend over yesterday, so we decided to do some t-shirt art in the backyard since it was such a nice day! First up? Bleach art. ***If you are reading this for directions on how to do this project.... go to a different site! We were not successful, unfortunately. But if you are wondering what NOT to do- here's what we did.
First I had the kids change into some junky clothes. Then they cut out pictures from adhesive-backed paper and stuck them to their shirts.
They did a really great job with their designs. It's too bad they didn't come through in the end product.
Next, after a little lesson in bleach safety, they took turns spraying their t-shirts with a solution of 70% Bleach and 30% water.
With gloved hands, they squirted dye onto their shirts in deliberate locations. They soon learned that this was very difficult to do- even with squeeze bottles. It often dripped out when you didn't want it to. This inspired the girls to go crazy with some of the colors!
Aria stuck with a 2-colored theme, and Chloe had broader color scheme!
After letting them sit in separate zip-lock bags for 6 hours, I washed them separately in the washer on a normal cycle with warm water and a small amount of detergent. I placed them in the drier and...