All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My favorite dessert...next to Creme Brûlée of course

I don't know if this picture appeals to you, but it makes my mouth water! As someone who seldomly goes without dessert and loves to bake, I would have to say that I am somewhat of a connoisseur of sweet endings. But I also like to look cute in a bikini. So... for those summer months when I want a sweet treat after dinner but not the extra calories, I keep a couple batches of this luscious treat in my refrigerator. 

What is it? Well.... it's Jello. BUT- it's so much more than Jello! It's a sweet, tangy, refreshing, mousse-like treat..... that's probably AT MOST 40 calories per serving, ZERO fat, practically NO sugar and a nice little kick of protein to boot! It's very versatile, oh-so addictive and quite easy to make. 


Here's the recipe:

Heavenly Jello

1 1/2 cups boiling water or Crystal Light Lemonade

Mix in to the boiling water for 2 minutes until combined:
1 package of sugar-free Jello in your favorite flavor (I used lemon)

Add to this:
lemon juice and ice combined to equal 1 1/3 cups
(you could easily sub. more Crystal Light for the lemon juice to further cut calories)

Stir until the ice is dissolved then add:
1/2 tub (4 ounces) of Lite or Sugar-free Cool Whip Topping

Whisk until fully incorporated. Refrigerate as is or divide the mixture into individual serving cups. Let the Jello set up for 2 hours, top with some more Cool Whip and brace yourself. 

You're gonna LOVE it!

(Fair warning: as much as you would like to keep this as a Mommy treat- your kids won't let you. No one can resist Heavenly Jello!)

Rainbow version- gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment