All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waffles anyone??

My super-smart husband had this great idea one morning after I had used up all my waffle batter making my family breakfast and there were too many waffles left over. He suggested we wrap them, stick 'em in the freezer and pop them in the toaster the next day like the store-bought variety. Well, we gave it a try and voila! Home-made, much more nutritious than store-bought, toaster waffles!

I know you must be thinking, "Wouldn't it just be easier to buy them??" Well, I know my family likes waffles- they are a delicious, EASY, warm breakfast to fix on a cold morning before school- but I just can't stomach the idea of feeding my family the store-bought sort. Even the healthiest brands are, nutritionally, nothing short of cheap, white bread that we then pour liquid sugar onto! I might as well give them doughnuts for breakfast!

So yesterday, I decided to make a few batches to freeze for future breakfasts. Now my kids have a variety to choose from in the morning: plain, blueberry, chocolate chip, cinnamon-brown sugar, apple cinnamon and banana cinnamon. Plus, each one is made with whole wheat flour and flax seed for an extra nutritional boost! They are quite yummy- I must say! Greg and I were fighting over the scraps!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment