All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Seasoned Home Fries


I love french fries but, like most, I don't like the fat in fried foods. So, when we make chicken tenders, burgers or some other kind of hot sandwich at home, we also make a batch of these yummy seasoned home fries to go with it. They are broiled in the oven with a little bit of Pam cooking spray to make them crisp up, and although we don't always use the Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning on them, it is definately my favorite way to serve them because it gives them the best flavor.
You can find the recipe below.





I love this stuff! I originally bought it for blackening salmon, but then I tried it on some other things and it has become one of my favorite go-to seasonings. I use it in my Shepherd's Pie, on my fries, and in my flour mixture when I am coating chicken for sauteing on the stove. It has a great kick to it, so if you aren't into spicy foods, I would use it sparingly.








Seasoned Home Fries

Idaho Potatoes (usually 1 per person)
Pam cooking spray (or a generic version)
Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning

Directions
Cut your potatoes in half length-wise, then cut each half in wedges (usually 3-4 per half potato). Place each wedge on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam. It helps to place them all close together and facing the same direction. Once all of the potatoes are placed on the cookie sheet, spray the entire lot with Pam and then sprinkle with the Blackened Seasoning. If you don't want a spicy fry, simply season them with salt and garlic powder at this point and they will still taste delicious!
Place them under the broiler and let them broil until they are golden brown, then remove them from the oven, flip each potato wedge, spray again with Pam and reseason if desired. Place them back under the broiler and broil for an additional 5 minutes or so. The second broil should take much less time than the first, so keep your eye on those taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment