All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Thursday, September 6, 2012

B.B.B.

Books Before Bed

This is a little family ritual my husband started years ago. You could say it started back when Cole was born- that's how long we have shared in reading with our kids before bedtime. 
Up until about 4 years ago, we always read to them at night. Once they were old enough to read independently, Daddy would announce, "Books before bed!" and everyone would grab a book and pile onto Mommy and Daddy's bed for 30-60 minutes of quiet reading time. (Admittedly, it's not as easy for all four of us to do this now-a-days.)
It always makes me happy to see this in action, because it reminds me of the days before they were able to read and how I so greatly wanted to teach my kids the joy of reading. They say you teach by example. . . well, here's some proof that "they" must know what they're talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment