All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Popcorn Balls

Tonight is Fall Fest and I am busy preparing some yummy treats for the kids to enjoy during the party. One such treat are these cute little popcorn balls. I have the yummiest recipe that I'd love to share with you! It's a ton easier than most I've tried and has the perfect balance of chewy and crunchy textures.

Popcorn Balls

Ingredients
3 bags of popcorn popped (or 5 quarts)
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine  
2 teaspoons water
2 5/8 cups powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallows
**add candy corn and festive sprinkles for a festive touch

Directions (this is the "super easy" part I told you about)

(1) Pop your popcorn and place it in a huge bowl sprayed with cooking spray
(2) Place all of the ingredients (except for the popcorn) in a large saucepan and stir to combine. Once it comes to a boil, pour it over your popcorn and mix it until all of your popcorn is coated.

(3) Spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking and begin to form the popcorn mixture into balls. 
(4) Once you have formed all of your popcorn into balls, let them sit out for 5 minutes and wrap them up. Store them at room temperature. 


 **My original idea was to tie a little note to each one that said, "How sweet of you to come! Thanks for popping by!" and give them to people as they left. Well, I didn't have time for that, unfortunately, so a little festive ribbon will have to do! I know they'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment