All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sew What???

Aria wanted to spend some time during Fall Break sewing a little purse for herself. She found a pattern at Jo-Ann's and picked out fabric to suit her taste. 

She spent an entire day on this project. I was amazed and impressed at her dedication and desire to make a quality piece!

Aria was also very dedicated to the task of learning how to use the sewing machine correctly. She is a great student. 

Although it was her least favorite part of the project, she sat patiently and hand sewed parts of the purse together. Here she is sewing the lining in.

Pretty girl!

My proud girl with her new purse. She did an excellent job! It has a black pocket on the outside to match the lining, and there are a couple of pockets on the inside that match the colored fabric of the outside of the purse. Sew clever!

The lined inside of the purse. Very well made. 


Not only was I able to teach my daughter a skill that I learned as a teen and honed throughout my life, but I gained a whole day of one-on-one time with her. This is a memory I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment