All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Homemade doggy treats

This Summer, I had the cutest little helper in the kitchen! My close friend's littlest boy came over to help me make some doggy bones for our Ruby and their 4 furry friends at home.
I've baked with little Ro before, so I know how he works. Like usual, he said he wasn't interested in helping. But once I got out the ingredients, I couldn't keep him away from the counter!



Most recipes for dog treats are very basic and can be altered infinately. I chose one requiring ingredients that I already had in my pantry. They were simple and I'm assuming.... tasty?? 

Well.... the dogs couldn't get enough. 

Here's the recipe I used.

Doggy Buiscuts

3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil

Just combine the ingredients, knead into a ball, adding more flour if necessary to form a cohesive dough. Roll it out onto a smooth surface to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes (we had a dog bone cutter). Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees F. These should keep for quite a long time in your pantry IF your dog doesn't eat them all up first!

No comments:

Post a Comment