All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Creative Itch. . .

I am having a creative itch. I get it every once it a while. Just about every day I am flexing my creative muscle in some way or another, but from time to time, I get this need to make something uber-creative. It's usually a cake of some sort.
I used to bake and decorate cakes for a living. I had my own business, Custom Cakes by Sarah- a name I still use when I get the occasional cake job. I stopped accepting cake jobs a couple of year ago because it was too much on my plate given the fact that I had graduated from school and was working full time as an RN. Sometimes I really miss it.
Now is one of those times. Since there is no one commissioning me to create a masterpiece for a wedding, I'll have to make my own design for an event I like to call, "Just because". I have an idea in mind of what I might like to make- a creature of some sorts- a fantastical, reality-meets-cartoon-like creature. I can't wait to get started and show you what I have come up with!

In thinking about this future cake project, I decided to look through some pics from my old portfolio. I came across some pics of a car cake I made ages ago. Not your typical sheet cake-eh??
This was a fun one! It's making me super excited to get decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment