All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Extra-Cheesy Yumma-licious Mac 'n' Cheese

























If you are expecting some yummy home-made macaroni and cheese recipe with real cheese and a crunchy topping like Grandma used to make, you are gonna be disappointed. That is not what this is. This is my tweak on Kraft Macaroni 'n' Cheese. . . or should I say, this is the Mac 'n' Cheese that I make for other kids that makes them say, "My mom's doesn't taste THIS good!" 
Let me tell you a little story about a family feud between my husband and myself about Mac 'n' cheese. He always made his in the microwave, following the directions but adding some shredded cheddar to it at the end. Our kids liked it, but they would tell me that mine was better that his. He insisted that they were just saying that to be nice to me and that there was no way for them to tell the difference between his and mine. I disagreed. He said that if we did a blind taste test, they wouldn't know who's was who's. 
So,  I challenged him to a dual. Each of us made a batch and presented it to the kids who were blind-folded and we let them decide. Instantly they picked mine out as the best. HA! I KNEW it! And I don't even add any other ingredients to the recipe!! Wanna know what I do differently? It's simple.

Extra-Cheesy Yumma-licious Mac 'n' Cheese

Boil your water, and add 1/2-2/3 of the box of noodles to the water, and discard the other 1/3-1/2. (If you have an issue with the waste, make a macaroni necklace with the rest, just don't use them in this recipe.) Once they have boiled for 6 minutes, add your milk, butter/margarine and all of the cheese powder according to the directions. Mix it well and serve.
The result is a creamier, cheesier and in my opinion YUMMIER macaroni and cheese and the kids always gobble it up! Even my kids' friends say it tastes sooo good. Give it a try without telling your kids that you've made a change, and see if they notice. I bet they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment