All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Friday, June 22, 2012

Norman Family Game Night


Scrabble anyone??? 
I don't know about you, but I find that we need to organize lots of media-free activities for the family during the lazy days of Summer or the kids and the hubby will just want to fall into a drooling stupor in front of the television, computer or another media feeder of some sort. One thing we like to do when we have a free hour is play a board game. Scrabble is one of my favorites  (probably because I'm good at it), but I also enjoy it because it really makes the kids use their brains!
 I would have to say that our family favorite is not Scrabble, but a strategy game called Blokus. (I'll have to tell you about it sometime.) No matter what the game though, I love the time we spend engaging together in one activity. We joke around, share in victories and failures and learn how to be better sports. 
We played a game tonight. . . . Aria won by a whopping 2 points! It was so nice just being close to my kids and being able to stare at their beautiful faces for an hour. I hope this encourages you to pull out a family game from your closet tonight and spend a little quality time with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment