All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

More Embroidery- Girl Scouts

We did a little more embroidery today since many of the girls hadn't finished at the last meeting. Here's a look at some of the beautiful work that they did.


Through this activity they were not only identifying their sashes by writing their names with their beautiful embroidery, but they were learning important skills that will benefit them throughout their lives. Even if they never embroider again, they will at least have all the skills required for hand sewing. 




Let me tell you about Miss Rebecca here- when I told her that we were going to embroider their names on their sashes, she looked at me in distress and said, "I don't know how to do that! I've never sewn anything before!!" to which I replied, "well, that's why we're doing it- so you can learn an important new skill!" 
Well, she was the first one done with some of the most detailed embroidery accomplished! Well done Rebecca!

So Mommies.... look at what these girls have accomplished! Next time they need a button or a patch sewn on, I think you will have a new helper on your hands!

Great job girlies!




No comments:

Post a Comment