All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A decorative flare for candles


I love to buy these $5.00 candles at Wal-Mart to keep on a sil in my kitchen. They smell great, there is a ton of variety and they last a long time. They are a bargain compared to the pricy catalogue candles that people sell from their homes (I'm not naming names). The only down side is that they come in a boring, clear glass jar. 


Wanna know what I do to add some color and design to it?? Well, I take 2 strips of 2" wide satin ribbon in a color and pattern that goes with my decor, and I wrap them around the jar to overlap slightly and secure it with a quilting pin. The end result is very pretty and the light shines through it ever so slightly when the candle is lit. The best part is that it can be removed and re-used on the next $5.00 candle I buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment