All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Friday, May 4, 2012

Simple floral arranging tip

It's Friday in Phoenix and for me that means a stop at the Phoenix Flower Shop for 50% off loose stems. I love fresh flowers of all kinds and so this great sale affords the me ability to enjoy some fresh blooms in my house on a weekly basis for just a couple bucks.
I like to keep a large arrangement above my kitchen sink and a small one in each of my bathrooms. For those I just use between 1 and 4 flowers, depending on the type, and I have used all sorts of vessels to display them in. 
I only have one bud vase, which is perfect for holding just a couple of flowers exactly how you want them. But, when I am using anything bigger than that (like this tall glass votive holder from Crate and Barrell turned on his head) and I want my flowers to stay in a set arrangement, I take a tiny, clear rubber band (about the size of the ones used for braces) and loop it around my flowers and that does the trick! This works for larger arrangements as well, when your flowers don't quite fill up your vase or container.


No comments:

Post a Comment