All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Non-Alcoholic Watermelon Coolers

For Sunday dinner this week, we had a few extra guests to enjoy the day with, including 2 teenage friends of the cousins, so I thought it would be a perfect time to whip up a batch of non-alcoholic Watermelon Coolers for the girls.
As you may have noticed from some of my most recent posts such as the one about Watermelon cookies, and a watermelon cocktail I featured called a Sparkletini, you might say that I'm on a bit of a watermelon kick! Well, they are in season right now, which means they are inexpensive and taste at their peak. Afterall, when life gives you lemons. . . .
Since I was already making some Sparkletinis for my adult family members and guests, I chopped up another quarter watermelon and made these coolers for Lexi, Alissa, Miranda, Tylie and Samantha. I also made one for my sister Jo-Lynn who is currently avoiding processed sugar since the only sweetner in this recipe is the watermelon itself.


Watermelon Coolers (AKA Blended Watermelon Lemonade)

3 cups of watermelon, cut up (about 1/4 of a small melon)
2 cups of ice
1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
1/4-1/2 cup of other juice (I use pineapple)

Place all your ingredients in a blender and blend away! Serve with a watermelon and citrus garnish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment