All we need is love

All we need is love
All we need is love

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jello Shots

For my girls night tomorrow, I've made some lucious black cherry Jello shots! Now, I'm sure you won't be suprised that this recipe is very similar to my favorite dessert.... next to Creme Brulee of course. In fact, it IS the same recipe with one expection: I susbtitute a flavored vodka in place of half of the cold liquid in the last step. This time I used a Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, which may seem a little odd to combine with black cherry, but it wasn't. The result was smooth, creamy delicousness! Everybody loved them!


One of the nice things about these Jello shots is their convenient, disposable and adorable containers. I've made Jello shots before for a party and everyone struggled to get the goodie out of the shot glass that I made it in. This time it was different- there was no struggle so the treat was easily enjoyed!


The most difficult part of this recipe was hollowing out the oranges. Once I had finished a couple, I soon learned the trick to it. After you halve them, run a knife along the inside of the orange, separating the fruit from the peel, wedge your fingers in between, and it's quite easy to pull the entire half-orange out of it's skin.

When the Jello is set up, it may seem as though they could never cut so nicely, but actually it's easier than it seems. All you need to do is turn it onto it's flat side, and (using a sharp knife) cut the orange-half into thirds or quarters, depending on the size of Jello shot that you want. Keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.

Of course you can make these withOUT alcohol as well and your kids will love you for it. Just be sure that if they do contain a little something to keep them where the kids won't notice or you'll have some goofy kids on your hands for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment